On Mar 25, 2006, at 5:11, Patrick R.Michaud (via RT) wrote:

I'm running a fresh checkout of r12014.  I wrote a simple test
program (t.pir attached) that uses "dumper.pir" to dump the
contents of one of PGE's internal variables.  On my 64-bit
environment (SUSE 10 Professional Linux) I get very strange
output and the strings appear to have been corrupted.  On
my 32-bit environment, the output is exactly as I would
expect it to be.

I've tried that with r12014 on an amd64/linux box. Dump is the same as with 32bit. There must be more than just running it on 64-bit. You could further test:

$ ./parrot -G t.pir >d           # does it work with DOD/GC off?
$ ./parrot --gc-debug t.pir >d   # is it worse?
$ ./parrot -D40 t.pir >d         # fill I/N regs with garbage

You should also verify that you don't have some installed old copies of parrot in your path.

leo