On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Randy W. Sims wrote:

> The add_build_element() method is the key to the process.

Ah-Ha and thank you Very Nice!

I did read the perldoc - but just didn't get that
   add_build_element('foo_files')
would make M::B look for a  foo_fiels element - and I thought i would have
to provide a   process_foo_files()  method, I did not realize that I
didn't have to do that part (the documentation seems to say I had to.)

> Since we use ExtUtils::Install to install there is currently no way to
> specifiy the file mode.

I'll find some way to live with that for now :-)
It's mainly an issue for executables.

> This has turned out to be one of the most FAQ with Module::Build. There
> are plans to greatly simplify the process in the next version of M::B,
> including removing the above mentioned limitations.

Cool, and thanks again.

-Matisse