On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:04:45AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Embedded comments are supported as a variant on quoting syntax, introduced
> -by C<.#> and delimited by user-selected characters.
> +by C<#> plus any user-selected bracketing characters (including Unicode):

I don't think that any design documentation defined or tabulated what is
a bracketing character:

  http://google.com/search?q=site%3Adev.perl.org+%22bracketing+character%22

let alone how a user selects more of them.

> -    $object.#/ embedded comments /.say;
> +    $object.#{ embedded comments }.say;

'{' clearly is a bracketing character. But '/' wasn't?
Can I select # as a bracketing character for my obfuscations? :-)

Nicholas Clark