Audrey Tang skribis 2006-04-30 17:31 (+0800):
> Austin Hastings wrote:
> > Or, to put it another way: what hard problem is it that you guys are
> > actively avoiding, that you've spent a week talking about making
> > substantial changes to the language in order to facilitate lining up
> > method names?

Sorry, I disagree strongly. Lining things up is an important aspect to
how people use Perl.

> Consider my suggestion retracted, and sorry for the disturbance in the
> force. :)

I still want to talk about it. Good arguments (about trailing dot being
hard to spot, and about underscores) are made, and I think healthy
discussion can lead to a much better solution than the current long dot.

People who think it wastes their time, by now know what this thread is
about, and can choose to ignore it.

Juerd