A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* David Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-03 11:00]:
It does work very well though and I prefer it to fighting with
the MakeMaker docs to figure out how to get it to install a
data file in the right place :-)
Perl has language-level support for uuencoding/-decoding data
(check `perldoc -f pack`). You can take advantage of that to keep
your binary data way, way out of harm’s reach.

That would be useful, if the various DBM-a-likes etc supported using them as filters. I suppose I could decode the data into something in memory, but that defeats the whole purpose of using DBM and friends in the first place.

And pack/unpack always confuse me.

--
David Cantrell