Leopold Toetsch wrote:

On Jun 18, 2006, at 2:02, Vishal Soni via RT wrote:

I am just wonedring if it would make sense to seperate out code for each
   supported operating system under a directory structure. At the time
of build the specific code for target operating system is added to the
source tree.

Yep. Actually we already have and use the needed infrastructure for platform code. See also:
- config/gen/platform*
- src/platform.c (generated from above)

Given that I started OS.pmc I was preparing to iterate it a little more soon. Meanwhile, I got a design doubt about creating different files for different operating systems. Basically, there are specific functions whose difference is just in the name of a function. Should we separate it anyway, or use a '#define' approach?

I do not defent any of the approaches. Just want to know what to do.
$ambs