YAML documents [can] end with a "...".

I like Jonathan's suggestion of making the YAML comments, but my gut
feels funny about that. If the lines are preceeded with hashes, then
it's not "true" YAML; it has to be stripped of the leading characters.
Also, I'd rather have a TAP directive to state, "This is YAML,"
instead of a parser wondering if the data _is_ valid YAML.

On 7/10/06, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/10/06, Pete Krawczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would be concerned about "got" or "expected" including embedded
> newlines, such as:
>
>   is($mech->content,$expected_page,"Web page content matches what's
expected");

> even with a delimiter such as Ian suggested.  How would this handle that?

YAML has ways to deal with newlines in values, but it does press for
some sort of "this line is part of the failure diagnostics" indicator
as Ian suggests.

> Also, would the raw test be pre-expanded?  That is, what would raw-test
> show for this?
>
>   is($user,"testuser$id","Test user name correctly generated");

Ideally it would show exactly that.  The idea is to show the literal
source line (or lines) which generated the test, if possible, so the
reader can have a better idea what happened beyond what the normal
got/expected diagnostics show.  To show them with interpolated strings
would require somehow reconstructing the syntax of the function call
from inside the function.  This loses information.

Besides, they already have the expanded thing which went in.
got/expected shows that.

--
Ian Langworth