> Let's go for an agile, iterative approach to the spec. Write up some
> initial thoughts on the shape of the API and post them to
> parrot-porters. The group can do sanity-checking/brainstorming, and then
> you can start a prototype based on the result. After we've played with
> the prototype a bit (and probably after you've modified it a few times
> based on feedback from the group), I'll write a PDD to flesh out the
> spec, fill in any holes, and address any problems encountered along the way.

Allison this sounds great. To get started I will need some reference to
the OST format. Can you please point me in the right direction (some
documentation or sample code shall do.)?

I will assume the implementation of the Byte Code Generation/
Optimization API will be implemented in C (TGE could use loadlib or some
PMC mechanism to call it). Let me know if my assumption is correct or
does this API need to be in PIR.