# New Ticket Created by  Will Coleda
# Please include the string:  [perl #40225]

I'd like to add a few features to the genfile() code when generating
makefiles...

1) allow inclusion of other makefile.in files: this will allow us to
break up root.in into more maintainable chunks.

2) create a directive that expands to a list of files that match a
certain filter. something like:

@FILES <path to dir from root> <glob to match files>@

so, in tcl's makefile, I might have something like:

@FILES languages/tcl runtime/builtin/*.pir

which would use the full path (languages/tcl/runtime/builtin/*.pir)
to actually find the files from parrot root, but then generate the
list in the makefile relative to the tcl directory (where the
makefile is going to be used.)

I'm posting to see if anyone has any syntax suggestions or previous
art I should be looking at first. I'm tempted to leave @@ to mean
"items from config only" and perhaps have something else for these
more meta directives. (back to ${}? something else?)

Thoughts?

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]