On 8/23/06, peter baylies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/22/06, John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone looked at LLVM lately?

[...]

On the other hand, Parrot built quite nicely on x86-64, although I think I
like the 32-bit build (which also built just fine, albeit without ICU)
better due to the excellent JIT support.

Not sure if the list will let this through, since I'm subscribed under
another account, but here's the problem with that: llvm is a very light
layer, but it's yet another layer. To put it between parrot and hardware
would mean that parrot is JITing to LLVM byte-code, which is JITing to
machine code. Not really ideal.

--
Aaron Sherman
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith