On 8/25/06, Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You define in terms of functionality, but don't provide an explanation
for the chosen point of view.  One could say that constant arrays protect
against
modifications, which normal arrays don't. Hence, constant arrays do *more*.

I think the justification for Luke's POV is the number of operations
each class provides.   But my perspective agrees with Juerd -
subclasses can remove functionality as well as adding it, and I
definitely view "constant" as an add-on modifier, not a default that
has to be overridden.

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>