Greetings all. I've followed perl6 development since the beginning, and have tried to stay at least somewhat informed along the way. I'll confess to being puzzled at some of the design decisions, but knowing my own limitations have had faith in @Larry to do the right thing.

This topic would be m,ore appropriate for perl6-advocacy, if it existed, but rather than pestering the language designers with it, I thought I'd look for the user perspective on it.

As one of the lead perl programmers here, I've been tasked with introducing some of the changes to people. Something short of sending them off to read the Synopses. While I can discuss features like MMD, strong typing, Roles and the like, you don't get too far before you start introducing the new operators, and the fact that we've got Unicode operators (yes, with ASCII equivalents, but they're terrible IMHO).

I have one coworker known for her stubbornness. I've been hit with the following several times, and honestly don't have a good reply:

"My bigger concern with the Perl6 syntax is that they expect humans to write it. This is a similar problem that Forth and Lisp had. You see how widely used
those are now..."

Since I came to programming after the days of Forth and Lisp being prominent languages, I can't dispute nor concur with her statement. How would you respond?

Thanks,
~Jeff