Hello,
perhaps I've missed a discussion about it, but I can't find a reason for a
(IMHO infelicitous) specification. In S04 is said:

"If you declare a lexical twice in the same scope, it is the same lexical"

I would argue for: If you declare a lexical twice in the same scope, it is an
error!

Well, this error happens most likely due to my tiredness and I want the
compiler to wake me up.
This can be important because I would expect that
C< my $x = 7;>
does not change/overwrite the value of an existing $x. If I want to change the
defined $x, I don't declare it again.

Does anybody agree?
Regards
 Stefan