On Tuesday 03 October 2006 10:06, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> Would there be such tools used in the core libraries? Maybe, maybe not,
> we could discuss that. If they were implemented in the core libraries
> would there be a universal "no bondage" flag that shut them off?
> Probably, since that's something that Perl tends to like doing.

The assumption I remember from the design meetings was always "No library
designer has the knowledge or the right to tell me how fast or strict my
program has to run."  Whatever B&D you do in the privacy of your own modules
is fine, but if it leaks out past encapsulation boundaries, expect that
somewhere you might offend community standards.

In my opinion,Perl 6 should spell "no bondage":

        #!/usr/bin/perl6

-- c