On 19/01/07, jerry gay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/19/07, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 19 January 2007 04:46, Paul Cochrane wrote:
>
> > I wanted to commit a
> > line endings change to shootout.t in lua, but when I went 'svk push' I
> > got an "Empty commit message" error again and the only way I know to
> > fix this is to use 'svk merge -c <revision_number> //parrot/local/
> > //parrot/remote -m "a non-empty commit message"', then it seems to
> > commit everything back.
>
> Do you do 'svk pull' *immediately* before you push?  Are you working on a
> mirrored copy?

as chromatic hints at here, you should make sure you have the latest
SVN::Mirror. i know we've seen problems with svk in the past with
empty commit messages, and this was (part of)? the solution.

Hrm, my package manager (I'm using Gentoo) says version 0.72, but in
/usr/lib/perl5/site-perl/5.8.8/SVN/Mirror.pm says 0.68.  This could be
the problem...

I'll have a look and see if this keeps causing problems.

Thanks to you both for your responses,

Paul