On Wed, 9 May 2007, Allison Randal via RT wrote:

> Andy Dougherty wrote:
> >
> > I was about to post a patch adding those functions in, but I see that
> > you're in the middle of a much more thorough review than I had attempted,
> > so my patch isn't going to apply anymore, and would probably be
> > misleading, to boot.
>
> Just adding Parrot_allocate_aligned and Parrot_merge_memory_pools
> shouldn't conflict. I'm pretty confident they will need to be
> implemented custom for res_lea.c. (I haven't made any changes to the
> file since my last commit.)

Ok, I've got it compiling, at least.  I'll let it run tests overnight and
submit a cleaned-up patch tomorrow.  I've gone back and reviewed the
alignment issue and think I have implemented it sanely.

The nice thing about the way Leo set this up is you can now swap out
entire parts of the GC system.  I think this will help tracking some of
the memory problems I've been running into.  Or at least tell me where
they aren't.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]