On Wednesday 27 June 2007 22:09:55 Andy Lester wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 11:50 PM, chromatic wrote:

> > I'd like to see an option to run it only on *modified* files.

> Modified since when?

Modified since the most recent checkout, of course.  Check svn or svk status.
Run these time-consuming analysis tests on only the modified files.

My theories are:

        * it sucks a lot less to run the full test suite if it doesn't spend a
third
of its time verifying that, yes, files that haven't actually changed are
still valid
        * people don't run the full test suite before they commit changes, in
part,
because it sucks to run the full test suite
        * if no one touches a valid file, it won't get updated in a new
checkout and
there's no way previously-valid POD will suddenly become invalid POD

There's a reason we don't run a lot of these tests in release tarballs.  That
reason is that it's exceedingly silly to run those tests in release tarballs.

-- c