On 03/09/07, Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One other question: Why does the test suite probe over and over again
> for svn, svk, and git?  Why can't Configure just look once?

Historical reasons mostly.  This same thought has also struck me
recently and I think it would be a good idea to have Configure pick
this up.  It would also help those people who use rsync instead of
svn/svk/git as then some tests can be skipped in a cleaner manner than
the current mechanism.  I'll open a ticket in RT for this in a mo'.

Paul