I did get a delay email from gmail. So either gmail's servers are screwed up and accidently resending the same email repeatedly and not knowing it succeeded or perl.org's mail servers are screwed up and making gmail think it needs to be delayed when it's actually sent. But it's my first time ever seeing a problem.

On Sep 16, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Bob Rogers wrote:

   From: Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:32:28 -0400

   Is anyone else seeing a large # of copies of ptc's messages to p2
   lately?

Yes.  I also have 18 copies of Joshua Isom's message that starts "It's
the little magic ...".  Both Joshua and Paul have gmail.com addresses.
All of these copies have the same message ID, but distinct posting
numbers assigned by ezmlm, so Gmail must be stuttering.  However, SMTP
has a protocol design flaw that makes it impossible to avoid duplicate
copies, so one could argue it's perl.org's fault for not discarding
duplicates.

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           (long-time qmail & ezmlm fan)
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/