James E Keenan wrote:
Allison Randal wrote:

So, how about we make both --fatal-step and --verbose-step accept either a step number or step name.

Didn't I hear someone recently remark, "Simplification is a good idea"? ;-)

This is doable, but it will take me at least 9 separate test files to thoroughly test it.

Understood. Usability is important, though, especially in the part of the system that will be the first thing many users see of Parrot. Making the config process friendly to the average human is worth a little extra work in testing.

Now, if you said it was impossible to test, that'd be a different matter. But this isn't impossible to test, just tedious to test. And some of the tedium can be relieved by generating the (nearly identical) tests for each step from a template.

Allison