chromatic wrote:
On Friday 19 October 2007 09:30:31 Bernhard Schmalhofer wrote:

Why should it be a TODO test?

For one, there's no ticket for it.

I saw the failing test, but didn't know where it came from or why it was there. (And until I dug into it the commit logs, I didn't even know if it was an old test that I had broken while working on the threads tests.)

TODOing known bugs for a release is a different issue.

I don't see why. I'd like to see Parrot be in a releasable state with every checkin. That's why we have the tests.

I support this as a rule. I broke it when I merged in the pdd15oo branch with 4 failing tests because I was planning to fix them right away. I did cut it down to 3 failing tests, and resolved the surface issues with the remaining 3. But, there's a deeper issue with cloning vtable overrides across threads that I haven't resolved yet (the interpreter cloning code is sorely in need of a rewrite). So, I'll mark those as TODO, with a reference to the tickets that James created (thanks, James!).

Allison