On Tuesday 20 November 2007 13:43:30 Andy Dougherty wrote:

> Alas, binary searching has proven to be painfully slow, and just painful
> to boot.

That's fine.  I was just curious.

> As for other tests, nothing appears to be gobbling up memory unreasonably.
> Most of the test suite passes (maybe 30 test failures or so) but it seems
> to hang reliably in pmc/threads.t test 7, so I haven't completed a clean
> run yet (and hence don't have a PLATFORMS patch).  I also haven't
> successfully diagnosed that problem.  I haven't even looked at 'make
> languages' in ages.

I'm not sure 'make languages' is quite ready yet; Colin Kuskie has a branch in
which he's trying to make it work more reliably.

Feel free to skip the hanging threads test.  That's a skeleton implementation
anyway, and I'd rather get the whole test run working appropriately so we can
diagnose failures in implemented subsystems than try to work around problems
in a system we're going to revise soon anyway.

-- c