# New Ticket Created by  James Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #48070]

Several months ago I adapted CPAN module IO::Capture for use inside
Parrot by creating Parrot::IO::Capture::Mini.  Its main use is to
capture verbose output during testing so as to reduce terminal
clutter and to see if correct output is generated.

I've run into a number of difficulties with P::IO::C::Mini and
tonight began to explore the possibility of replacing it with CPAN
module IO::CaptureOutput, maintainership of which has recently been
assumed by David Golden.  I have created a 'capture' branch in the
Parrot repository to make and test this replacement in each of 80+
test files that currently use Mini.

If CaptureOutput proves superior to Mini, I will advocate that it be
used in trunk.

If anyone wishes to help me out with this search-and-replace work,
please check out the 'capture' branch and let me know.  Thank you
very much.

kid51