On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 08:59:02AM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
: The single-quoted string literal has become such a habit that I frequently
: make mistakes in other C-like languages that use the two types of quotation
: marks to make the character/string distinction.

Yeah, it might be my C background that biases me the other way too.

I guess when I'm reading someone else's double-quoted string I don't
really feel like I need to check whether it interpolates; it just
"chunks" into a psychological unit that *could* interpolate if it
wants to, and I note any obvious literal text and go on from there.
I don't feel compelled to analyze the string in depth unless I need to.

For someone who is somewhere on the autistic spectrum, I'm pretty good
at ignoring details.  I understand others may not be so lucky.  :)

Larry