Having looked a bit more at Parrot::Revision and the instances where it
is used, I *think* we can make it go away completely, at least as a
separate module, and incorporate its functionality within
config/auto/revision.pm.

Most of the files in which it is used are the tests which I myself wrote
to test it :-)

[li11-226:parrot] 508 $ fns . | xargs egrep -l 'Parrot(\/|::)Revision'
./tools/build/revision_c.pl
./lib/Parrot/Revision.pm
./t/configure/018-revision.t
./t/configure/017-revision_no_DEVELOPING.t
./t/postconfigure/04-revision.t
./t/postconfigure/03-revision_no_DEVELOPING.t
./t/distro/file_metadata.t
./t/steps/auto_revision-01.t
./config/auto/revision.pm
./MANIFEST

The files which we will have to look more closely at are:

./tools/build/revision_c.pl
./t/distro/file_metadata.t

The question I would have is:  What is the functionality of
src/revision.c -- the file written by tools/build/revision_c.pl when the
latter script is invoked by 'make'?

kid51