Will Coleda wrote:

Josh: For some time, I've been config'ing parrot this way on OS X:

%cat ~/bin/ccc
CCACHE="ccache "
CC="${CCACHE}gcc-4.0"
CX="${CCACHE}g++-4.0"
perl Configure.pl --cc="$CC" --cxx="$CX" --link="$CX" --ld="$CX" $@

Give this a whirl. (setting CCACHE to "" if you don't have it.) This
should avoid the ld issue James pointed out.

I do something similar (which is not surprising, because Coke taught me how to do it!)

#!/bin/sh
#MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3
echo "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"
CC="/usr/bin/gcc-3.3"
CX="/usr/bin/g++-3.3"
/usr/local/bin/perl Configure.pl --cc="$CC" --cxx="$CX" --link="$CX" \ --ld="$CX" \
    --without-icu \
    --configure_trace \
    $@

You can omit the --configure_trace (unless you want to help me out with configuration tests ;-) ) and the --without-icu represents a local adaptation. I formerly had to configure with --without-gmp as well, but I've got that going now.

kid51