Me too. $500. That's 3*500, so far.

Can I do this through the Perl Foundation as an earmark?

Conrad Schneiker wrote:
On Thursday 21 February 2008 06:25:42 Joshua Gatcomb wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I could take a month's sabbatical from my day job for $5000 without losing
insurance coverage or other benefits.  That's slightly more than Audrey's
$100/day, I know, but it's substantially less than my consulting rate and
somewhat less than my salary too.  I could probably make 100 - 150
high-quality commits to Parrot in that 30 day period.  Perhaps more.

I'm probably not the only Parrot/Perl 6 hacker in this situation.

I was beginning to wonder if my post to the thread had gotten
eaten.  Thanks for replying.  I probably didn't do a good job of
tying the two portions of my reply together, but if I were to go
to the donation page and I saw

Project:  Allow chromatic for 1 month to work exclusively on parrot
Deliverables (if applicable):  100 - 150 high quality commits
Required:  $5000
Current:  $0

I would be very inclined to make a donation.  In fact, if you can
find 9 other people willing to do so - I will cut a check for
$500 any time you are ready.  That's besides the point.

Not to me it isn't. :-)
Count me in as person #1 of the 9 others.
I don't believe "just getting more money" is the solution.  I
think we need to do a number of things:

1.  Identify people, like you, who are in a position to trade
time for money and the projects they will work on 2. Allow people to choose where their money will go (if that's what
they
want to do) 3. Do it in a way that causes the least amount of fighting

Good ideas.

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

www.AthenaLab.com