James Keenan via RT wrote:
This thread petered out after January 30, which was fine with me because
we couldn't diagnose why Allison's proposed patch was causing
Configure.pl to throw warnings on Darwin (OS X 10.4.11, ppc, gcc-3.3) at
config/auto/readline.pm.  Configure.pl quietly did its thing for me for
the next 6 weeks.
[...]
Could we find out who committed what, when and why, so that we can
discuss remedies?

The dynamic lookup patch was applied in the PDD 17 branch, and merged in with the rest of the branch. As I understood it, your problem with the patch was that you didn't have MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET properly set to 10.3, and I remember resolving that. You reported all tests as passing in the PDD 17 branch before the merge.

Allison