chromatic wrote:
It helps the PIR Ackerman benchmark by 4.67%. parrot_pass_args gets more expensive, but next_arg_sig and everything else except for Parrot_init_arg_indexes_and_sig_pmc gets called much, much less. I played with the patch a little bit, but didn't get it much faster.
So is the optimization worth applying, do you think? Seems like a relatively small gain once we take it away from a benchmark that we'd expect it to directly help...

It may be possible to avoid the Parrot_init_arg_indexes_and_sig_pmc calls, but
I couldn't immediately see how.
I pondered this too, but didn't really look into it properly.

Jonathan