Upon further review:

It might be possible that $x.WHAT returns a Signature object, with the
value type of $x as the invocant (or return type?), and everything
else empty.  But that merely begs the question of how to introspect a
Signature object.  If I tell Perl 6 to say a Signature, what gets
displayed?  Can I ask Perl 6 to look at a particular parameter in a
Signature?  If so, what kind of object does the Signature object
return if I ask it to give me its invocant?  Surely not another
Signature object?  Whatever it is that Perl 6 returns in that case
would probably work better as the return type of the .WHAT method,
too.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang