G'day chromatic / p5p / p6l,

Make a list of all possible types of exceptions, define them as roles, and group them that way. Any given exception can implement multiple roles (:CORE and :io, for example, or a specialization of that role that also does :USER).

Excellent point. I've been largely ignoring the user exceptions, and that they may wish to declare themselves as having an :io, :math, or similar role.

So, roles are in, I'll need to provide an appropriate interface for user code to make use of them.

Larry's post I'll be digesting on my trip home tonight. ;)

Cheerio,

        Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://perltraining.com.au/