# New Ticket Created by  Christopher Nehren
# Please include the string:  [perl #56206]

Per #parrot:

<apeiron> I'm trying to submit a smoke for parrot 0.6.3 on FreeBSD and
I'm getting this error: * Sending data to smokeserver
"http://smoke.parrotcode.org/smoke/
"... error: The submitted smoke has an invalid format! Am I
           missing something, or did I do something incorrectly?
<diakopter> apeiron: usually that's b/c you did svn export, not svn
checkout
<apeiron> diakopter, This is directly from a 0.6.3 tarball.
<diakopter> apeiron: that too :)
<diakopter> yes, non-svn-checkouts can't submit smokes
<apeiron> ah.
<apeiron> Now you tell me.
<diakopter> apeiron: actually
<diakopter> if you modify the submission file to include some svn
revision, the smoke server will accept it
<diakopter> b/c it includes the svn revision in the submission
<pmichaud> seems like we ought to be able to get 'make smoke' to
recognize "0.6.3" as a valid revision :-)
<pmichaud> for the non-svn checkouts.
<apeiron> Not a big deal, I'm installing svn presently.
<apeiron> (well, not a big deal for me)
<pmichaud> well, we'd like to get smokes from lots of platforms :-)
<diakopter> apeiron: I don't know what revision the 0.6.3 release was
<diakopter> pmichaud: could the 'make release' target put the r in
some text file somewhere?
<diakopter> apeiron: 0.6.3 was r28470

I put 28470 in the appropriate spot and the smoke server accepted it,
though it'd be nice to not have to do this. Especially if we get
automated smoking going.