On Tuesday 24 June 2008 12:13:53 Ovid wrote:

> Nope.  'make test' and 'make perl6' both return the following:
>
>   ../../parrot  -o perl6.pbc perl6.pir
>   src/interpreter.c:1030: failed assertion
>   'interp->op_count == core->op_count'
>   make: *** [perl6.pbc] Abort trap
>
> Exact same thing as before.  I was so frustrated that I moved my parrot
> directory and grabbed a fresh check out and tried again.  Still fails.
>
> I'm going nuts over this :(

Guess: you have a libparrot.so (or .dylib, or whatever Mac OS X thinks looks
good with a black turtleneck) somewhere getting loaded before
blib/lib/libparrot.so.

Reasoning: there's no assertion on line 1030 of src/interpreter.c.  It's on
line 1039 now.

I really did think I fixed that bug though... but if you can trace the dynamic
library loading of your process, you can confirm or deny this.

-- c