On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:32 AM, James Keenan via RT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Worse, the logic the set the current revision for svn updates is
>> wrong.
> No, the logic was correct.  As particle said on #parrot yesterday,
> ".parrot_current_rev should always reflect the last time you ran 'perl
> Configure.pl' successfully."

But it not doed that. It only updated the file if it does not existed,
and it were only deleted on make realclean.

> Since there has been a lot of confusion about this, we/I could probably
> have done a better job of documenting all this.  But I do want to stress
> that the design of lib/Parrot/Revision.pm was the result of considerable
> thought, discussion and negotiation on this list.  I haven't had a
> chance to fully assess the changes that have been made in the last two
> days, but I would be reluctant to see us return to the maintenance
> difficulties we formerly had.

The only changes I do are ensuring that the value is updated at the
start of Configure.pl and a change in the way svn info is parsed.

--
Salu2