On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Allison Randal via RT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In r29934 of the branch, I can't even get tcl to build, it keeps
> complaining about calls to tcl_error_s which it says doesn't exist.
> Since you mentioned you were eliminating the versions of tcl_error
> identical to 'die', I went through and replaced the calls to tcl_error
> with calls to die. It builds now, but some tests are failing because of
> empty exception handler messages.

Thanks for the fixup on the tcl_error/die.

When I run make test now, the first failure is in t/cmd_cd.t.

$ prove -v t/cmd_cd.t
t/cmd_cd......
1..3
not ok 1 - cd too many args

#   Failed test 'cd too many args'
#   at t/cmd_cd.t line 16.
#          got: ''
#     expected: 'wrong # args: should be "cd ?dirName?"
# '
# '../../parrot  ./tcl.pbc t/cmd_cd_1.tcl' failed with exit code [SIGNAL 11]

That is just the tcl "cd a b", so if we just run:

$ ../../parrot tcl.pbc -e 'cd a b'
Segmentation fault

Seems to be the same backtrace as above.

Where are the failures you're seeing with empty exception handler
messages? I'm consistently seeing segfaults for  the failures, and
they all seem to be related to exception handling. (And are these
really the same error failing differently?)

--
Will "Coke" Coleda