2008/8/5 Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> So these branch commands actually create branches on the svn
> repository that's doing the hosting, so they're defacto shared with
> the community in the obvious location? (presuming you're online and
> pushing changes back?)
>
> That seems to be the best of both worlds, presuming it handles the
> merging better/faster/cleaner than 'svn merge' does.

But this is only the best for committers.

For non-committers who would have to wait longer time to get their
patches applied
it would be better to use a git branch and merge it more often to get
in the upstream updates.
Like my bigger patches, which are often heavily outdated by other
changes when they are applied.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/