On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Geoffrey Broadwell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 07:00 -0700, Will Coleda wrote:
>> #not ok 1 - Line length ok
>> #   Failed test 'Line length ok'
>> #   at t/codingstd/linelength.t line 80.
>> # Lines longer than coding standard limit (100 columns) in 1 files:
>> # /home/smoke/parrot/compilers/pirc/new/pirsymbol.c:256: 104 cols
>> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 1.
>>
>> This causes -all- smolder reports to be marked as failures.
>
> Perhaps 'make codetest' or 'make codingstd_tests' should be an automated
> commit hurdle?  Meaning, SVN won't allow the commit if those don't pass.

Assuming we actually want to be running these tests all the time, and
having codingstd violations 'break the build', this is not an
unreasonable approach.[1]

> (Before anyone asks, I do not know how to write SVN commit hurdles.  I
> just seem to recall they are possible.)

ISTR our current hosting providers would like to avoid such things,
but that's an understanding from many years ago.

> -'f

[1] I don't think that's the way to go.
--
Will "Coke" Coleda