I just wanted to comment that I see this problem on my Kubuntu system as
well -- when running Configure.pl, I consistently get to the step for
AIO and things hang (until I press control-C):

auto::socklen_t -     Determine whether there is
socklen_t................yes.
auto::env -           Does your C library have setenv /
unsetenv.........both.
auto::aio -           Does your platform support AIO...

Can we get this problem resolved soonish?  The fact that this
configuration step hangs makes it more difficult to generate various
progress reports and automated testing items.

Thanks!

Pm