On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 04:52:34PM -0700, James Keenan via RT wrote:
> I applied the patch attached, aio.in.revised.patch.txt, in r30771.  I
> set the 'sleep' to 4 seconds.  All the tests have been reactivated.

Thanks.

> This is a patch in the sense of "bandaid".  What is it about the letter
> 'K' that means that this probe gives sloppy results on Kubuntu when on
> Ubuntu it has built cleanly for me every day since I started building
> Parrot?

The problem only appeared for me in Kubuntu a few weeks ago, and
then only intermittently until a week or so ago.  Prior to the
beginning of August Parrot had been building cleanly for me on
Kubuntu without any difficulty.

As one of the earlier messages suggested, I think it may just be a
race condition in the signal handling.

Pm