On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:03:09PM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:

> It would also help if the actual test output weren't overrun with "Use of
> uninitialized value".  Is that the result of bad tests or bad harness?

In some cases it's bad tests -- i.e., tests that are using
values of undef when they shouldn't

In other cases it's failing tests -- the test fails in a way
that causes an undef value to be used (generating the warning).
An example of this would be when an incorrect result looks up
a value in an array at a non-existent index position.

We could potentially see about disabling the warnings, but
I'd prefer to fix them in the tests when/where we can.

Pm