On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:03:09PM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>     Now this test passes (r32629), but the Perl 6 test suite is still failing.
>      Now, however, I can't tell which test fails.
>
> Seems like the summary report should at least include counts of passed vs
> failed tests.  I assume the result of "FAIL" means that at least one of the
> 6,487 tests failed, but that's not very informative... but I can't even find
> the code that generates this output to try and fix it:

IIUC, the harness that rakudo is using is ultimately passing control
to Parrot::Test::Harness, which in turn uses Test::Harness.
I don't know much more about it beyond that -- we'd welcome any
efforts to clean up the testing system.

Since Test::Harness didn't really output the statistics I was
looking for anyway[*], I wrote a simple tools/test_summary.pl
script to run all of the tests and collect output in a form more
useful to me -- perhaps that would work better for you.

[*]  At this stage of development, I'm more interested in how
many tests we pass than how many we fail.

Pm