On Wednesday 31 December 2008 12:26:07 Andy Dougherty wrote:

> This is not a hypothetical what-if situation.  I have lost many hours to
> just this situation.  See my long example in ticket RT #50684.  To save
> everyone from looking it up, I will extract the relevant example here:

Your copy and paste accidentally omitted the part where you enabled
optimizations and disabled debugging assistance, which, as you might expect,
made debugging more difficult.  I've had similar problems when I added asserts
and wondered why they weren't working.  I'm not sure that's a problem we can
solve.

-- c