A few people have asked about submitting patches via the
"fork queue" on GitHub; after working with the queue this
morning and largely being frustrated by it, I'm going to request
that patches continue to be submitted as patches through RT.

The biggest difficulty that I'm encounter with the fork queue
is that developers (understandably) will develop something in their
local repository as a series of small commits, but it's hard for me
review and evaluate the end result as a unit.  In other words, the
commit list in the queue contains all of the false starts and
retractions, making it very difficult to see what was done.

It's also more difficult to comment on any particular set of
commits, e.g. to ask that something be revised or factored in
a different manner.

So, for the time being Rakudo's official policy will be to
accept patch submissions via RT.  I've now cleared the fork queue
on GitHub; any patches that were previously there need to be
resubmitted.

Hopefully someone can update the README and github wiki pages
with a good procedure for generating patch files for Rakudo.
(The current README suggests git-format-patch, but this also
apparently produces a series of small patch files which are
equally difficult to review.)

Or, if someone can point me to a guide or sequence that describes
how to make handling the fork queue or multiple patch submissions
easier for the maintainers to review, I'll reconsider the policy.

Thanks,

Pm