Daniel Ruoso wrote:
Em Qua, 2009-03-18 às 18:50 -0700, Larry Wall escreveu:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 06:32:18PM -0700, Jon Lang wrote:
: > +    method !eigenstates (Junction $j: --> List)
: : Shouldn't that be lowercase-j junction?
Maybe, though there might be a Junction role involved for subtype
matches like that one.

It's probably a minor issue, but part of me wants Junction to be OK too for explaining stuff. Telling people the default parameter type is Any, to accept anything they can write Object and to accept just junctions you write Junction is pretty clear...having to then explain why you write Any and Object but then junction (lowercase) feels awkward.

Actually, if we support that, we kinda loose the point of making it a
native type...
I don't quite follow this. But it does bring an interesting point - if we have a Junction role then it's probably something that people can do on their own classes to make their own thingies that auto-threading. It had perhaps better require things doing the role to provide the !eigenstates private though, otherwise the dispatcher is going to be rather unhappy...

Jonathan