On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:36:56AM -0400, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> Rakudo is a particular implementation of Perl 6 using Parrot.  While
> it is a separate project from both Perl 6 and Parrot, it is intimately
> tied to both, and I think its logo should reflect that. I don't see
> much point in having separate logos for "Rakudo on Parrot" and "Rakudo
> without Parrot".  I mean, I suppose much of the frontend work could be
> ported to a different backend, but would that still be considered
> Rakudo?

I don't know that I consider Rakudo Perl to be forever tied to Parrot.
If we come up with other backends, I'd still consider the result
"Rakudo"; similar to how "Pugs" referred to all of the various backends
available to it and not just the Haskell backend.

So from that perspective, I don't know that the Rakudo logo ought
to be strongly tied to Parrot, any more than we tie the Parrot logo
to the various GNU tools used to build it.

Pm