Not speaking for Larry but ...

On Wed, 2009-25-03 at 22:45 +1100, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
>         My understanding was that Rakudo only runs on top of Parrot.  Either
> way, I don't see why we need a logo for Parrot + Rakudo, any more than we need

I think it's a logo for Rakudo = Parrot + Perl6.

One set of ideas is: 6 Rakudo P

where:

----
A) 'Rakudo' is an elegent, textual representation of "rakudo" (6 on P)

B) 6 is the perl6 logo -- larry's camelia butterfly, a palm tree,
benzene, camelia flower ...

C) P is the existing parrot logo
----

Let's look at what might be done with those (not to exclude any other
ideas, of course).

The textual part (A) would probably used standalone.  The other two
parts are already appropriate for that.

Further more any of (depending on the design):

D) 6P

E) P super-imposed on top of 6

F) P speaking 6

might be used as mini logos.

> separate logos for Perl on Linux and Perl on Windows.
>
>         Or, to look at it a different way, I thought the definition of Rakudo
> *is* that it's "Perl 6 on Parrot".
>
>         Additionally, while you recommended Camelia for Rakudo, my
> understanding was that Larry was recommending it for Perl 6 rather than
> Rakudo.

I think he was offering it as an example and a suggestion.  The perl6
community might favor it out of respect for Larry but I think he went
out of his way to make it clear that it's the kind of thing he would
like.

The mini-logo ideas E and F would not work well with the Camelia
butterfly but I don't think that's an important consideration.  These
things tend to take on a life of their own after they are finally
designed.

--
--gh