HaloO,

On Friday, 27. March 2009 12:57:49 Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> 1 - multi infix:<+>(Set $set, Num $a)
> This would return another set, with each value of $set summed with $a.

I think that this mixed case should numify the set to
the number of elements to comply with array semantics.
infix:<+> should remain a numeric operator and numify
other operant types. This operator orientation is a
strong feature of Perl 6 and should not be diluted by
overloads with non-numeric meanings.

> 2 - multi infix:<+>(Set $a, Set $b)
> This would return another set, with $a.values X+ $b.values, already
> removing duplicated values, as expected from a set.

Even the homogeneous case should adhere to numeric semantics.
Set operations are with parens. So disjoint union creation
is (+). We could try to get a meta parens so that (X+) is
conceivably auto-generated. OTOH it collides with (+) visually.

Regards, TSa.
--
"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis