When I:
     $ perl configure.pl
on current   git pull  of rakudo, under cygwin under XP sp2,

I get:
     Reading configuration information from ../../parrot_config ...
     Parrot revision r38795 required (currently r0)

My copy of rakudo is in c:/parrot/languages/rakudo and it is git'd from the
right place (not as part of parrot)

I have a successfully compiled and tested Parrot revision 38910, and it is
where rakudo's configure .pl is looking (../../parrot_config).

I notice that there is no parrot_config file but there are
parrot_config.c/.exe/.o/.pbc

I notice that the file "version" in the parrot home directory is written
"1.1.0" - but SVN reports the revision 38910 correctly.

I have been successfully compiling parrot and rakudo for several months
without any significant problem, and started to encounter this about 2 days
ago May 16.

Peter Schwenn

[Is it possible that configure.pl for rakudo has been changed in some way
that is incompatible with Win/Cygwin?]