On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:22:31AM +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Mark Overmeer wrote:
>> A pity you didn't want to read the paper.
>
> I have better things to do with my life than read your 30-page paper.
> I'd rather participate in a consensus process where I feel I can make a
> difference.

What is this, a contest to see who can be snippier?

>> Please clarify ... how would you specify that?   And how
>> would you denote ranges of conflicting packages?  Well, maybe start
>> with putting that in your wishlist.
>>
>> And conflicting/dependencies in licenses?
>> How would you resolve dependency conflicts? Design human intervention
>> in this process of dependency processing.
>> [big snip]
>
> My wiki page was purposely only an initial step. I don't believe in
> working in isolation for days or weeks and then handing down a massive
> ready-made solution to the masses. I offer a small, incremental step on
> top of Synopsis 22 and hope that it is useful.

People have different work styles.  Part of consensus building is
not expecting everyone to think the same way you do.  We try to put
both the tortoises and hares to work here, but each has to work at
their own pace, and some temporal displacement necessarily results.

A healthy community can put up with a certain amount of tension
and compression.  It's called "tensegrity" when it helps hold us
all together.  It's probably called something else when it drives
us apart.  Please aim for the tensegrity, because I don't want to
figure out what to call the other.

Larry