# New Ticket Created by  Aaron Sherman
# Please include the string:  [perl #68306]

I'm working in a firewalled environment today where I can't get access to
git, so here's what I see in 2009-07 downloaded from
http://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/downloads

S12 says:

"The .^methods method returns method-descriptors containing:

    name                the name of the method
    signature           the parameters of the method
    as                  the coercion type of the method
    multi               whether duplicate names are allowed
    do                  the method body"

That doesn't tell me exactly what I'm looking for, but I tried:

> say Str.^methods[0]
sprintf

Which looks suspiciously like a single string, but just in case, I tried:

> say Str.^methods[0]<signature>
get_pmc_keyed() not implemented in class 'Sub'
in Main (<unknown>:1)
> say Str.^methods[0].^signature
Method 'signature' not found for invocant of class 'P6metaclass'
> say Str.^methods[0].signature
No signature found

That last one looks more promising, but still not quite as advertised. Oddly
enough if I try another one of the "descriptors" listed, it gets stranger:

> say Str.^methods[0].name
pred

eh? The rest of the names (as, multi, do) don't seem to exist at all. I
expect that this is because I'm not actually looking at a "descriptor" at
all, but rather a Sub object that stringifies itself to "sprintf". Is that a
bug in Rakudo or S12?